Joined: Jan 17, 2011 Posts: 594 Location: El Ejido
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 23:23 Post subject: [How to]Watch old replays
1) Install Warcraft 3 RoC and TFT normally from your RoC CD and TFT CD if it hasnt been installed in the first place OR just use your currently existing Warcraft 3.
2) Then log onto battle.net to get Patch 1.26a
3) Open the C:/ProgramFiles/ and rename the "Warcraft III folder"(without quotes) to "Warcraft1.26a" or w/e
4) Go to http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/ or http://ftp.gameaholic.com/pub/mirrors/ftp.blizzard.com/ and download as many patches for as many types of replays you want to watch.
5) Install your Warcraft 3 (1.00 Optimally) TFT and ROC again but do not log onto battle.net
6) Manually patch the game with one of those patches that you have downloaded, lets say 1.25b
7) Then rename the Warcraft 3 folder to "Warcraft1.25b"
8 ) Repeat steps 6 and 7 over and over again until you have all the War3 versions you want installed
9) Rename the current "Warcraft1.26a" back to "Warcraft III"
10) Now you are done with the Installation step
How to actually watch the old replays with your current infastructure
1) Just simply rename the "Warcraft III" folder to "Warcraft1.26a" or w/e
2) Rename the version of replays you want to watch such as "Warcraft1.25b" to "Warcraft III"
3) Now you can double click like normal and watch your replays like normally do, now you can jump around from version to version easily just by renameing the folder versions back and forth up and down backwards and forwards.
This is a lil annoying method, but its much better than evercraft, warcraft switcher etc coz they are old and bugged.
Cudnt download the pathes, cause i needed a username and password for ftp://ftp.gameaholic.com and didnt know where to register or w/e ... and the other site doesnt have the version i need.
Ill try versionswitcher _________________ True story.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum